Thursday, September 18, 2008

Be Happy – Now and ever after…

Have you ever go to bed cranky, grumpy or mad?
Every person will definitely have to go through this.
On my own experience, I have gone to bed with negative emotions and I will wake up with the same negative emotions the next day.
It will be at times good and at times worst than the day before.
Why do these phenomena happen?
Is it due to the energy emitted by one before they sleep?

To my humble point of view, I do feel that this concept is also applicable to ‘DEATH’.
What do we need to do to prepare ourselves to 'DEATH'?
To have good thoughts, do not have clinging emotions or attachments and to be happy – this will get you into a mode with positive vibrations and positive energy.
I feel that this is like ‘going to sleep’ happy and ‘wake up’ happy too.
‘Going to sleep’ is a term we use for dying and ‘wake up’ is related to rebirth.

So, when we go to bed happy and we will wake up happy too..
Does that mean better rebirth?
I don't know.. No one knows..

It is a simple thought that I myself understand and I would love to share this five cents worth of thoughts with everyone here.

Being free from attachment, being free from worldly material possessions and being able to let go and move on in life..

I will always remember this myself..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I grew up an aethist, so concepts of "life after death" are foreign to me. I didn't believe in Heaven and Hell, nor in rebirths.

I was in deep pain during my teenage years - back then the concept of death was "non-existence" and "permanent peace" and it was appealing to me then because it provided a solution to run away from the pain. At the same time, I was aghast I was drawn to the idea of death.

When I emerged out of my pain in my 20s, I falsely attributed my attraction to death as the source of the pain, and consciously avoided and suppressed any thoughts about glorifying or celebrating death - thinking that in doing so, my pain will return.

The past few years of my life saw me readdressing death again as I became more spiritual. Whilst my conscious self is still preoccupied with "survival", I acknowledge a deeper part within me recognizing that death is merely a process of returning to where I came from and that it is a very sacred journey that all of us will eventually make. This deeper part of me actually welcomes death, and I now have the conscious awareness that this is only natural and I no longer surpress death-acceptance thoughts/feelings and can still be at peace with myself.

Where we came from and where we'll return to is still a mystery to me. My aethist upbringing tells me that I "came from nothing" and will "return to nothing". I am open to the idea of "rebirths", and "returning to THE SOURCE", but I believe that these are out-worldly concepts that are beyond worldly understanding. Ultimately, upon my death, perhaps I will eventually discover that nothing = rebirths = the source.

But why would it matter? I would already be dead.